Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Party All Night Long

Once again I was up for most of the night. I could understand if I had a new baby. With that, you have the energy of 10 people since you want to take great care and not miss a moment of every little thing a baby does. However, this is my stomach and I've had it.

I know I didn't overeat. I handled my Zumba class well yesterday. I don't like the mirror in the workout room. I look like a squatty toad in it. I stand 5'7" and normally don't appear that squatty. I gave blood in the afternoon. I had a sensible dinner (pork chop and corn). But for some reason, my stomach decided to do flip flops most of the night.

This is the joys of turning 40. You're up all night when you really want to be in bed sleeping. So now as I get up to hit the morning routine to make school lunches and overly floss my teeth for my dentist appointment, I'm beginning to wonder when the Fun at Forty starts. I am certainly not amused in the least.

If I'm going to be up all night, I would hope I'd have something more fun to do than watch bad infomercials or even good infomercials. It's amazing what will grab your attention for 20 minutes before you realize you're being suckered in for 3 payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Back in the day before kids, my husband and I would head over to friends houses to hang out and play cards. We'd come home at 3 or 4 in the morning. And get up the next day (albeit 5 hours later) wide awake with all the energy we could muster. Well those days have sailed down the river. Now, I'm up with a stomach that wants to hatch an alien.

Oh well, enough moaning for today. Time to start making the lunches...and look at food.

No comments:

Post a Comment