Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No, We Don't Have a Dog

Yesterday, was one of those days when you want to pull out your hair. Kids cooped up because of very cold temperatures outside, snow, and a school holiday (President's Day). Thanks to Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Washington, we were having one of those days where motherhood is pushed to its limits.

I love my kids, but whining about school projects and no one to play with amidst the mounds of toys and video games we provide was about to push me over. I did relent and let a friend come over and I went about my day dodging Nerf gun bullets regularly. Watch three boys with Nerf guns take over a house like the D-Day invasion and you too will want to know when the bar cart is coming to fix you a drink.

However, the day's excitement was punctuated by the arrival of the ADT repairman. He was kind enough to come out and check out why our keypad kept getting stuck and it took me three times of entering the code to turn the thing off. The darling older gentleman came in with a new keypad and immediately went about the task of replacing our obviously worn ten-year-old one. That's when the embarrassment started.

While he went about his business with screwdrivers and electrical tape, my intestines decided to funnel down something and growl. I knew I heard and felt it, but didn't think anyone else did. Then the repairman looked at the door next to our keypad and turned to me to say, "What is that? Do you have a dog behind this door?" After silently dying inside I answered, "No, that was just my stomach." Thank goodness the phone rang after I uttered my response and I didn't have to look at him again.

Just another day of being forty? No, just another day of my life...there's more to come and only the Lord knows what today will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment