Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Snowday ??

Well, I was good at the Superbowl gathering we went to. I didn't eat any chili. However, with the other goodies there...spinach dip, salsa, chips, fruit, and veggies, I did end up with an acid stomach. I decided to sleep it off rather than medicate it. Thank goodness. So, today will be a water bath for my kidneys. Might as well flush all the sodium out of them.

Why on earth would a school district close if there is only 1/2" of snow on the ground and only another inch expected during the day? Apparently because the roads are slick. I know this is shocking, but this is Missouri people. I know we didn't get the 30" Washington, D.C. got, but 1/2" closes a school? This isn't the south where they have no means to shovel. We have plows and shovels and sleds!

I have an 11 year old son who is disappointed that school was canceled. He needs to make up work he missed on Friday due to being sick. But oh well, the great snow gods have spoken and 1/2" will cripple the area. I hope we have enough eggs, bread, and milk to survive the dusting!

But, it is a Monday. Every other Monday brings about a wonderful task for me. Cleaning. When I quit my full time job 4 years ago, I made myself stay on a schedule. It was a wonderful thing! Get things done in the morning so I could enjoy the rest of my day. Awww. So while everyone was peacefully tucked in their warm beds this morning, I was moving furniture and mopping floors. Hooray! Now, if they track in the 1/2" of snow there will be problems. But that's another story.

Time for another glass of water to flush away the Superbowl goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment