Friday, February 19, 2010

Frustrated? Don't have kids...Well, Not Really

Who knew that by just moving a hamper to empty out dirty clothes could turn my morning into a disaster. Apparently, with a moody 11 year old boy you need to watch out.

I woke my darling baby up to get ready for school. I turned around and got his dirty clothes hamper out of the closet to put his clothes with ours. This was my mistake. As I headed back to the kitchen I heard banging and slamming. When I walked in to see what was wrong, I was yelled at that he's tired of never having his hamper where it should be. My point that his clothes rarely make it there and I was doing him a favor by washing his clothes was met with anger.

So, there went my blissfully peaceful sunny morning. He was ticked. He was angry. Too bad I let him stay up last night to watch the Olympics. My answer? I drove around the neighborhood left the house for awhile. Driving away to avoid conflict was my best answer to the problem. He got the house to himself. I avoided losing my temper.

Am I frustrated? No...I have too much laundry to do. I don't know what this afternoon will bring, but it has to better than this morning. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment