Monday, February 15, 2010

Aches and Pains

The fun with turning in turning forty is how even the most little thing can turn you into an instant senior citizen. I found myself taking a nap yesterday for no apparent reason other than the fact that I hadn't slept in two night. One night I was up while keeping my ears open as four 11-year-olds talked themselves to sleep. The second night I was up because I was tossing and turning.

All this makes for a very grumpy Peggy. I was irritable to say the very least. No one could hang up a hand towel in the bathroom. No one could do their regular chores without being asked. I got the eye roll and foot stomp from my two darling boys and I gave up.

Today, I woke up with pain in my left foot. I'm hoping this is not another flare up of bone spurs. I've kept them at bay for almost 3 years by taking care of myself. However, I'm now walking with so much pain that I'm about to call a doctor and I'm never happy about calling a doctor.

So, am I 70? 80? No, just forty and grumpy with all my aches and pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment