Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Dancing with a Scale

Well, I decided to really get my act together last week. I was really ticked at myself because I was on an eating binge. I could never get full. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands or at least keep things out of my mouth.

I decided to buckle down and do what I know works. I wrote down what I was eating, drank more water, and exercised. From Monday to Saturday, 11 pounds were gone and I love it. I'm now back in my "decade" of weight that I was before December.

Yes, Saturday morning I did my happy dance with my scale. There I was in my sweatshirt looking down and completely befuddled with the number. It was really there! I didn't do a complete dance routine, just a little happy dance to celebrate how hard work really does pay off.

I was blaming turning 40 on adding an extra 10 pounds, but it was actually my eating and not keeping track that was the problem. So now we're starting another Monday and the goal is to lose some more weight, but more importantly stay on track. It wasn't that hard and I'm much smarter than how I was behaving.

So, more Zumba classes this week for sure. Hope my workout partner is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment