Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time Waits for No One...or a Book Fair

It's that time of year again! Where I'm surrounded by books. I love it. I'm in charge of our school's Scholastic Book Fair. It's fun to see what all comes on the day of delivery and guessing what the kids will really like.

However, it takes a lot of time and a lot of people to make three days of sales (two after school and one big evening event) turn into a lot of profit taken in the form of books for our school. Too many times my kids are at wits end being shuffled from place to place or having to wait while I'm on the phone dealing with a problem. We get through it every year. This is my 5th year doing this and the 4th one tackling on my own.

I've juggled doctor's appointments (someone had to break a finger in their last basketball game of the season), Kindergarten registration, a visit to a PTO Expo, and my home life during the fair this year. We'll see if I come up for oxygen soon...but hopefully everyone understands. I love doing this. We'll just see if the family survives.

No comments:

Post a Comment