Sunday, March 21, 2010

If it's not nailed down


I'm on a cleaning frenzy. As most women I have talked to recently, Spring brings a reckless abandon to clean out every nook and cranny of a house.


Over spring break, the boys and I undertook a mission...get 5 year old out of his Little Tikes race car bed and into 11 year old's twin bed. 11 year old would get the double bed that has been sitting in storage in our basement for 5 years (since youngest was born and we lost our spare bedroom).


So, we did it. We moved furniture, cleaned out closets, and gained new toys. Now what to do with the junk we don't want. Well, with big items that I didn't want to store until our neighborhood garage sale in May there is Craigs List.


In 36 hours of posting a spring horse (5 year was afraid of his eyes and too big for him) and the Little Tikes race car bed with photos, they were gone. Yippee!
Now, I am a careful screener for my stuff. I don't give into scams and schemes or ship my things to foreign countries. But these were record timing. So now I'm looking around my basement for what else goes now and what can wait. Hmmm.... if it's not nailed down I'm taking a picture of it and trying to sell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment