Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Day of Observations

You know it has to be a full moon outside when a lot of weird things happen. Here are a few of the observations I made yesterday. It's kind of scary what strikes me, but yesterday was a banner day.

Observation 1:

While at my local St. Louis Bread Company busying myself for the day, I ended up having to go to the restroom. While in the restroom I noticed that there was a penny on the floor in the stall next to mine. So, a question came to mind. If you see a penny on a bathroom floor is it bad luck to ignore it for fear of the germs? Do you avoid picking it up and risking karma? Don't know if it is true or not, but I gave up and refused to pick it up. I'll find another way to make another penny somewhere.

Observation 2:

While waiting in a parking lot for my husband, I noticed at the neighboring Residence Inn there was an ice cream truck driving through the parking lot. Not only was the ice cream truck driver driving around the building several times, he was also ringing his bell. So, my question is was there going to be enough traffic at the Residence Inn to sustain business? I mean it was 12:45 in the afternoon. Most people staying at this type of hotel are office workers or executives from out of state, but I may be wrong. At last check, he had no customers. Unless the workers at the Residence Inn were jonesing for bomb pops, I think this was a bad business decision.

Observation 3:

Now we are at a Quik Trip at 5:30 in the evening. We live in a suburban community, not a place where you see a lot of Mennonites or Amish. Not sure if they were traveling through, but I saw a family of Mennonites or Amish (couldn't tell, but the dress was very traditional and the black hats gave them away) inside the Quik Trip. They were also using the slushie machine. Struck me as odd since the slushie machine is, well, mechanical and slushie is not what you'd call a natural substance. So, I didn't see any horses or buggies nearby but it was just an odd thing that occurred that I have never seen before in the town that I have lived in for almost 12 years.

So, full moon go to work again and give me some more odd stuff. If nothing else, it took my mind off everything else going on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment